Syngenta 4-H Ontario Arbor Award
4-H Ontario values the hard work, dedication and talent that volunteers bring to the program. Their service is instrumental in 4-H Ontario’s continued success. Because of this, the recognition of our volunteers will always be an important element of the 4-H program. The Syngenta 4-H Ontario Arbor Awards are 4-H Ontario’s most distinguished volunteer awards given out each year at 4-H Ontario’s Conference & Annual Meeting in March. Volunteers are nominated by their local Associations and recipients are chosen by a selection committee.
This award is open to all 4-H volunteers who have positively impacted 4-H in Ontario and have served the organization for over 10 years (this includes both club leaders and non-traditional volunteers). Nominees must have shown significant leadership, initiative and made a positive impact on 4-H at various levels (club, local, regional, provincial and/or national). Nominees’ involvement in other community activities and organizations is also strongly considered.
2016 Syngenta 4-H Ontario Arbor Award Recipients
Rob Ashton – Durham West 4-H
Keith Coleman – Lennox & Addington 4-H
Barb McAllister – Wellington 4-H
A panel of judges have the incredibly difficult task of reviewing the applications and selecting the recipients for this award. Each recipient receives an award. Their name is displayed on a specially designed plaque on exhibit in the 4-H office, and they have a tree planted in their honour, within their community.
Who can be nominated for this award?
This award is open to all 4-H volunteers who have positively impacted 4-H in Ontario and have served the organization for over 10 years (this includes both Club Leaders and non-traditional volunteers). Nominees must have shown significant leadership, initiative and made a positive impact on 4-H at various levels (club, local, regional, provincial and/or national). Nominees’ involvement in other community activities and organizations is also strongly considered. Deadline for receiving nominations is December 9, 2015.
Nominations must have demonstrated the following:
- Made a contribution to 4-H beyond the local club level (4-H Association, regional, provincial or national levels).
- Served the 4-H movement in Ontario for a minimum of 10 years.
- Volunteer and community involvement beyond 4-H.
How do I nominate someone?
- Nominations must be typed. Hand-written submissions will not be accepted.
- Complete the nomination form (including nominator information and full contact information for both the nominator and the nominee) and include three (3) letters of reference (see nomination form for reference criteria). Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
- Please provide details of the nominee’s qualifications in point form only. Do not include photos, magazine articles, new clippings or any other type of supporting documents with the exception of reference letters as part of the nomination form.
- Completed nominations should be sent to 4-H Ontario, 111 Main Street North, PO Box 212, Rockwood, ON, N0B 2K0 or emailed to email@example.com. Please indicate Arbor Award Nomination
Click here To download the Nomination Form
Deadline for receiving nominations is November 30, 2015.
For more information please contact:
4-H Ontario's Senior Manager, Volunteer & Community Engagement
This award was first introduced in 2001 during the International year of the Volunteer. It has been presented every year since, to a select group of 4-H Volunteers throughout the province who have made a difference in their communities.
view past recipients of this prestigious award here
Thanks to Our Sponsor
Back to Volunteer Recognition