South Simcoe 4-H Info
"LIKE" South Simcoe 4-H on Facebook and Receive Notifications of Upcoming events!
2017 South Simcoe 4-H Sign Up!
Date: Friday, March 3, 2017
Time: 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Location: Church's Farm Supply
3560 7th Line, Innisfil, ON L9S 3M5
Completing a 4-H Club….What does it take?
In order for 4-H Members to complete their club satisfactorily, they must:
- Complete and submit an electronic Project Animal Identification Form using Assist Expo and send the confirmation e-mail to their leader AND Carla Williams NO LATER than Friday, May 20th (Livestock Clubs only)
- Sign a 4-H Ontario Participation Agreement (parent must sign as well);
- Be a member in good standing (i.e. fully paid his/her membership fee and abide by the 4-H Member Code of Conduct);
- Participate in at least 2/3 of his/her own meeting time (total minimum meeting time for a club is 12 hours) Must attend the judging competition on June 17th if they are in a livestock club (or make arrangements to attend in another county)
- Complete the project requirements to the satisfaction of the club leader(s);
- Take part in an Achievement Program (Beeton, Barrie or Collingwood Fair unless otherwise stated by your leader). A member is allowed to participate in an Achievement Program only if he/she has participated in at least 2/3 of the meeting time of his/her own club prior to the Achievement Program;
- Be between the ages of 9 – 21 (as of January 1st of current year)
- Those wishing to participate on the RAWF dairy or beef team must have their Royal Entry Eligibility forms to Carla Williams or their leader NO LATER than Monday, September 26, 2016.
Upcomming 2017 Events
|January 26, 2017
||Annual General Meeting & Volunteer Re-engagement
||Adjala- Tosorontio Municpal Centre 7855 30th Side Road, Adjala-Tos.
|March 3, 2017
||2017 4-H Sign Up
||Church's Farm Supply
Clubs offered in 2016!
Please see the Clubs page for more details
Beeton/Bradford Dairy Club, Schomberg Miniature Horse Club, Sheep Club, Poultry/Rabbit Club, Farm Safety Club
South Simcoe Hiking Club, Cookstown Beef Club, Cookstown Dairy Club, Cookstown 4-H Horse and Pony Club, Crops Club, Pizza Club, Clover Buds
Clearview Dairy Club, Clearview Sheep Club
Royal Winter Fair Eligibility
In order to be eligible to attend the Royal, you must have completed the Confirmation and Showmanship at your achievement day (Essa/Barrie, Beeton, Collingwood) as well as TWO additional shows of your choice. You must also submit an entry form that can be obtained from your leader or from Carla Williams. This form must be submitted to Carla or your leader by the date specified by the directors, for a date in September.
2016 South Simcoe Director's
President- Karen Baker
Vice President- Kim Kneeshaw
Secretary/Treasurer- Carla Williams
Association Rep.- Kelly Young
Jr. Director/ Webmaster- Morgan Baker
Donna Lange (NEW as of 2016)